OIC has a unique job opening in our Rates and Forms Division as a Health and Disability Insurance Forms/Contracts Manager (WMS Band 3). The position reports to the Deputy Commissioner for Rates and Forms, which is the division that reviews insurance plans and rates.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work on the cutting edge of Affordable Care Act implementation in Washington state. We need someone who can lead a team of expert staff; work closely with people in the division who review rates and provider networks; and who understands insurance and contracts. The person in this position needs to be innovative and adaptable.
Here are a few of the position’s duties, as outlined in the job announcement:
- Serves as the statewide expert on health and disability forms filings.
- Plans and directs the review and approval or disapproval of health and disability contracts submitted by regulated entities; analyzes filing data to discover complaint trends or patterns of unfair, inequitable or unlawful insurance practices; prepares files and recommends referral of such practices for enforcement action.
- Attends and participates in assigned and agency training to enhance requisite skills and knowledge needed to supervise professional staff.
- Represent the OIC on a local and national level, attending NAIC events, speaking on behalf of the agency, and providing leadership on work groups and task forces.
We are requiring:
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree.
- Expert knowledge of insurance products.
- Expert knowledge of the insurance code and related rules and case law related to insurance products.
- Extensive experience analyzing contracts, and providing effective oral and written communication.
- Five years' supervisory experience of professional-level staff.
The salary will depend on qualifications, with a maximum of $80,000 per year.
Read more about the job and how to apply.