Do you have experience with auditing or accounting and want to work in the Olympia area? We are hiring a Financial Examiner 2 (Assistant Financial Analyst) position in our Company Supervision division at our Tumwater headquarters. Financial examiners review insurance companies' financial statements to make sure they are following state rules and laws that exist in part to make sure they remain financially solvent and able to serve Washington consumers.
This is what the person in the job will do:
- Examine and analyze insurance company and health carrier filings to discern financial condition, difficulties, trends, and compliance.
- Read and interpret applicable laws, regulations, and standards to ensure analyses and examinations are appropriately conducted.
- Assess analysis-examination risk, materiality, and other matters by reviewing and analyzing regulated entity's history and OIC Priority Rating, biographical affidavits of its key staff, and qualifications of its management and accounting personnel, as well as current filings for the entity, prior analysis reports, and file information.
- Prepare and complete analysis-examination procedures in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Read and analyze the regulated entity’s filings, documents, and other information to assess the entity’s financial condition, statement assertions, and compliance with insurance laws, regulations, and standards.
- Prepare analysis-examination reports for assigned regulated entities, including updating the risk assessment, profile summary, and supervisory plan.
- Write correspondence to regulated entity personnel to obtain documents and information and to explain determinations.
- Analyze Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) issuers' and other auxiliary lines entities' Annual Reports and accompanying additional documentation, audited financial statements, and IRS Form 990s (if applicable) for statutory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.